While the Nilgiri Hills are famous for their beauty all across the country, they are also popular for being the venue of the annually held Ooty Summer Festival. Neither an ordinary affair nor a common celebration, rather this festival is an exquisite event organized with an aim to promote Ooty’s tourism and flaunt its natural charm amongst travellers all across the world. The hills of Nilgiri with their unique sheen of blue, tea plantations, and clear lakes see a lot of tourist traffic heading to this ‘Queen of the Hills’.
This year the festival is from 4th May to 27th May
If you’ve been wanting to take a trip down south, now is the time for it. Featuring shows like the flower show, fruit show, rose show and vegetable show, this year the festival will mark its 123rd edition
Organised by the Tourism Department of Tamil Nadu, and the MOTC of India. The different shows and displays this year will start from 4th May to 27th May 2019 with the celebration beginning with the famous ‘Zest Show’. In spite of the fact that consistently, the mid-year celebration in Ooty as a rule happens for 16 days.
- Blossom Show: Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Flavor Appear: Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Natural Product Show: Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Rose Show: Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Other major shows include Vegetable Show, a Dog Show, Boat Race and Pageantry, a Hot Air Balloon Show, a Vintage Car Rally, Cultural Programs, Photo and Painting Competitions, etc.
Adventure lovers also have a lot to look forward to at the Summer Festival. You can attend and take part in thrilling stuff like vintage car rallies, take an eco-trek, or take part in a marathon race.