A ) while APPLYING FOR A fresh PASSPORT, ATTACH 2 COPIES OF the following DOCUMENTS:
1) PROOF OF ADDRESS (ATTACH one among THE FOLLOWING):
Applicant’s aadhar card , identity card, certificate from employer of reputed firms on letter head, water /telephone /electricity bill/ statement of running bank account/Income tax assessment Order /Election Commission ID card, Gas connection Bill, Spouse’s passport copy, parent’s passport copy just in case of minors. (NOTE: If any individual submits only identity card as proof of address, it ought to be accompanied by another proof of address out of the above categories).
2) PROOF OF DATE OF BIRTH (ATTACH one among THE FOLLOWING):
Birth certificate issued by a Municipal Authority or district office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths; Date of birth certificate from the school last attended by the applicant or any other recognized educational institution; or an affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date/place of birth by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants.
N.B.: in the case of candidates born on or after 26.01.89, only birth certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or the office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.
3) citizenSHIP DOCUMENT IF applicant is a CITIZEN OF India BY REGISTRATION OR NATURALIZATION.
4) GOVERNMENT/PUBLIC SECTOR/STATUTORY BODY employees should SUBMIT “IDENTITY CERTIFICATE” IN ORIGINAL along with standard.
5) IF THE individual IS ELIGIBLE FOR “ECNR” ATTACH attested COPY OF SUPPORTING DOCUMENT.
6) IF THE individual WAS REPATRIATED AT GOVERNMENT cost, ENCLOSE DOCUMENTS to indicate THAT THE EXPENDITURE, IF ANY, INCURRED BY the government OF India ON HIS/HER repatriation HAS BEEN totally REFUNDED TO the government OF India, MINISTRY OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS.
7) IF THE individual WAS EVER DEPORTED TO india, give details OF EMERGENCY CERTIFICATE/PASSPORT
B ) when applying for reissue of a passport after 10 years, attach:
Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its 1st four and last four pages, including ECR/ECNR page.
Document mentioned at (A) (4), if applicable.
Document mentioned at (A) (5), if the previous passport didn’t have ECNR stamp or it was issued when the individual was a minor.
If there’s any change in address, document mentioned at A (1).
If the previous passport doesn’t contain spouse name, attach copy of marriage certificate issued by the Registrar of marriage or affidavits to support the same.
C ) when applying for a minor’s passport attach:
There are completely different Annexure used to file the application for the minor child and for additional details contact us to support you
Attested photocopy of passport, if any, of both parents, applicable
Original passports of parents should be presented for verification of particulars
If one parent is resident abroad, a sworn affidavit by the parent resident abroad documented by the Indian Mission along with legal document from parent residing in India also be submitted.
FOR ADOPTED children
A ) just in case OF ADOPTED children the following DOCUMENTS ARE TO BE FURNISHED:
Valid adoption deed registered as per Indian laws
In the case of Christians, Muslims and Parsis, a court order granting guardianship and permitting the child to be taken out of the Country.
Copy of the guarantee executed before the Court involved.
A ) modification OF NAME
Following marriage, remarriage or divorce:
A woman applying for change of name/surname in existing passport due to wedding should furnish:
Divorcees applying for change of name OR for deletion of spouse’s name in existing passport should furnish
Re-married candidates applying for change of name/spouse’s name should furnish.