Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel is a role brought to life by Brie Larson. Guess what, she’s originally from Sacramento, California.
Captain Marvel has just released on 8th March, 2019 and is based on Marvel Comics. The film celebrates the first female-led superhero film and is also releasing on Women’s Day. It also stars Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Annette Bening, Clark Gregg, and Jude Law. Set in 1995, the story follows Danvers as she becomes Captain Marvel after the Earth is caught in the center of a galactic conflict between two alien worlds.
- Sacramento is the capital city of the U.S. state of California and the seat of Sacramento County.
- It is Located at the confluence of the Sacramento River and the American River in Northern California’s Sacramento Valley.
- Sacramento’s estimated 2018 population of 501,334 makes it the sixth-largest city in California making it the 9th largest capital in the United States.
- Sacramento has one of the highest LGBT populations per capita, ranking seventh among major American cities, and third in California behind San Francisco and slightly behind Oakland, with roughly 10% of the city’s total population identifying themselves as gay, lesbian, transgender, or bisexual.
- In 2012, Sacramento started the marketing campaign as “America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital” due to Sacramento’s many restaurants that source their food locally from the numerous surrounding farms. The city has an annual Farm-to-Fork festival that showcases various grocers and growers in the industry.